Homecoming is probably one of the most memorable occasions a person will experience in her teenage years, which is why it is important that you have a concrete idea what you′re going to wear, how you are going to look like, who you are going to go with and what you are going to do. Although these do not guarantee perfection, at the very least, foresight should give you some control over aspects that would make you enjoy the occasion.
Take for example the dress you are wearing. What you put on will determine your comfort and satisfaction. This in turn will affect your confidence. Your confidence will encourage you to put yourself out there. And with that you are able partake in every exciting aspect of the affair. Now, when it comes to what you put on, there′s basically nothing to worry about. There are a lot of boutiques and online retailers you can approach for advice on homecoming dresses for 2012. What you have to concern yourself over is everything else in between. To help you out on the matter, here are some tips you might want to go over to be able to have a pleasurable homecoming party experience.
1. Arrive in style. Don′t be afraid to splurge on a fancy ride for the event since it only happens once a year. It would be a shame to spoil such a beautiful outfit with the fact that you were driven to the venue by your parents using a minivan. Not that you should feel ashamed of them. But you deserve to feel special on that night. A luxury sedan rental costs around $45 to $65 per hour and a stretch limousine′s fees range from $65 to $125. If you split it with a few friends, the expenses shouldn′t be that much of a burden.
2. Be on time. What use is it to attend an event if you come an hour late? Your purpose is to take part in the program. If you′d like to be early, then there′s no problem with that. But you′d run the risk of getting bored since you′d likely have to sit still for a while. If you have to be later, don′t make it more than 15 minutes.
3. Lay off the drinking. It may seem like a good idea at first to ease the tension. And people around you might pressure you to get wasted. But drinking robs you of the chance to fully absorb the occasion. Yes, it′s all fun and smiles at first. But alcohol dulls your senses and makes you less appreciative of what′s going on. Moreover, it encourages you think more selfishly and act stupid.
4. Don′t be afraid to socialize. Have fun, whether you are with a date, with your friends or on your own. Don′t miss out on the dancing, talking and picture taking just because you feel like you don′t fit in. Your insecurity will drive people away. The secret to having a wonderful time lies in never allowing your surroundings to dictate your disposition. You are responsible for your own happiness so take action.
5. Enjoy the rest of the night. Plan beforehand, if possible a month in advance, where you would want to spend the after-party in and what you would be doing. There are plenty of options available such as going bowling, grabbing a late night dinner, hanging out on the beach, gathering in a friend′s house or taking a joy ride. Part of the homecoming party′s magic is what memories you create after the formalities. Again, try not to drink too much to avoid getting into an accident. And always bring cameras so you could record these fleeting moments.
As you can see, there is much to consider about the occasion aside from what Short Homecoming Dresses are on style. Hopefully, these have given you some perspective on what you need to do and guarantee you the best homecoming celebration of your life.